Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Music

Music is probably my favorite thing in the world besides water. I love music of all different sorts. I am happy to sing a Baroque canon one day and a heavy metal song the next. Music speaks to me. It emotes things for me that I can't always get out on my own. I will hear a song that just says everything I feel way down deep at any given moment and wish I'd been the one to write it! Not just lyrics do I love though. The actual music itself, the notes, the crescendos, the decrescendos, the allegros and andantes and everything that comes together to form a song... I love it! I love how music can change how I feel. If I am happy, a song can make me sad. If I am calm, a song can make me want to go out and party. Music make me happy, sad, angry, shy, excited, lonely, grateful, horny, shocked, you name it! Here are some artists/bands/composers that I really like:

Sarah McLachlan
Pantera
Evanescence
Metallica
Mozart
Tchaikovsky
Handel
John Williams
Nickleback
Rob Thomas
Dido
Natalie MacMaster
Allison Krauss
Aaron Lewis (Staind)
Art Hatfield
Tori Amos
my Dad!
my Brother!


My goodness, there are so many, my fingers can't type as fast as my brain is thinking! There are tons more, I may post some of them later.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh yes, music is definately mood altering! I've gone through a 10 year music famine and I'm rediscovering it everyday.

Anonymous said...

I love music too! Did you hear the song playing on my msn space? That is my hubby. :)