Tuesday, July 17, 2007

If you love someone...

...DO NOT let them join the National Guard!! I am proud to be married to a soldier, I am proud of his reasons for joining, but by golly, I am NOT proud of the way they treat their soldiers!! After being promised he'd be paid by tomorrow, the NG has decided they have to go so far up the chain of command to fix THEIR mistake, it could be weeks before we get it!!
Now, if this was just a drill pay, it wouldn't be that big a deal. But we are talking 2 weeks of pay that we really need! We are in debt now as a result of not having it, and also it is now looking like we are going to have to cancel a VERY IMPORTANT trip to a conference in Las Vegas this weekend. We need to go to this!
The very worst part? This is NOT the first time his pay has been messed up!!!
Livid does not even describe how I am feeling. There is great anger, but also I am dejected, and hurt, and confused, and depressed, and worried, and disillusioned. What a travesty.

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Oh Nellie-

I can understand your lividness and rage, I struggle each and every day with the US Government and it's crazy messed up crap.

I'm sorry it has affected you in so many ways. I sure hope something works out.

I know your trip is important!

Lisa M. said...

Ding bat

I was the last one to comment here.

*Rolling eyes*

Sarah said...

Love the new title

Sarah