Saturday, August 25, 2007

Life goes on

Indeed it does, although we are often left scratching our heads and wondering why! Randy's grandma is still here with us. She isn't great, but she's still here for now. I really don't understand it, the way everyone back there in Atlanta was talking we thought it was only a matter of hours. Amazing.
Randy has a new job. He is landscaping and helping design and build one of the local major haunted things, a forest and a hollow and a house, all owned by the same guy. He also is working on the guy's regular landscaping crew.
Nathaniel has been approved for the Title 1 preschool. That basically means he isn't as up to speed with basic language and early reading skills as he should be. Not a big surprise, since his best friend is in serious speech therapy herself! I still feel kinda bad though, like I am failing him as a mother. But I am not real sad, I can't be! He is SO EXCITED to be going to school!! Seriously, he and Julia cannot WAIT. She starts on Monday, he starts on September 4th. He's gonna be pissed he doesn't get to go back when Sissy does!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

My H was in the Title 1 Preschool and we loved it! Yeah for school starting!

Matilda said...

How did today go!?

And LOTS of kids are in speech. I have 2 friends who are speech therapists, want me to ask how many are in there??

YOU ARE NOT FAILING AS A MOTHER!!!

If I hear you say it again, I gonna have to come down there and smack ya around. And I won't bring Jack...so there!

Yay on the job! Sounds fun, and right up his alley! Hope it sticks around!

And...my Gramma had a massive stroke, and hung on for what seemed like forever. Hugs to you guys, I've been there, waiting for it to be over. SUCKS big time!

Danielle said...

lol, I know I am not failing! I just feel bad I haven't focused a lot of education attention on him. But we are certainly enjoying our time alone while sissy is at school! His back to school night is tonight, he'll be so excited to see his own class room!